9.11.2008

Mypyramid.gov is your friend

Have you ever wondered exactly how many calories your body needs to maintain your current weight, or even how much you should eat to lose weight? Or how about how much of each food group is needed to get all of your daily recommended nutrients? Mypyramid.gov is the place to go to get answers.


Once on the website, click on My Pyramid Plan. You'll have to enter your height, weight, age and physical activity. (It chastised me about my weight when I entered in the information before it let me get to the goods.) Then, like magic, a food pyramid tailored to your own unique needs is right in front of you.

This website has come in handy for me because I've always wondered just how many fruits and vegetables I need to stay healthy and how many calories I need to take in to gradually lose weight. What is also extremely helpful is that they break down what exactly counts as a portion for any type of food, like a slice of bread or serving of carrots. More to come on that later.

0 comments: