9.30.2008

Three Quick Meals With Things Kept On Hand

There are some days where I run out of the house like a bat out of hell, most likely because I've hit the snooze button too many times or my short attention span led me to distraction.  So here are two quick meals (or snacks) that I'm able to make quickly with things that are ALWAYS in my fridge or pantry. 

For breakfast, I'll take a container of yogurt (usually nonfat and of some fruit variety) and throw some Cheerios or other cereal on top, and chow it down.  This can be portable if you are walking to class, but doesn't work so well in the car.

For lunch, another quick and portable meal is a grilled cheese sandwich or even quesadilla.  These can be made on the stove-top in a pan, but the broiler works pretty well too. I recently moved into a house that has a decent broiler (I'm talking flames, not the lame-o broiler that electric ovens have), and had a broiled quesadilla today.  This saves time and there is less fat because you don't have to butter the bread or tortilla.  

0 comments: