11.14.2008

Baked Ziti


Here is a delicious recipe for baked ziti that I found on cookingspot.com. I was looking around for a new recipe to try the other night, and came across this super easy recipe. It is full of tomato-y and cheesy goodness. It is one of many recipes from Cooking Spot that has not let me down.

I edited the recipe slightly to suit my tastes. Instead of the oregano and basil, I used 2 tsp. of Italian seasonings, which you can find in the spice aisle. I also used 4 cloves of garlic.


2 tablespoon(s) , olive oil
1 whole , medium onion finely chopped
2 whole , garlic cloves minced
1/2 teaspoon(s) , dried oregano
1 teaspoon(s) , dried basil
1/8 teaspoon(s) , pepper
16 ounces , ziti cooked and drained
1 cup(s) , shredded mozzarella cheese
28 ounces , tomatoes crushed

The directions say to:

Saute the onion and garlic in the olive oil for 5 minutes. Add the crushed tomatoes and spices, and bring to a boil. After this, simmer for about 20 minutes. Put the pasta into a casserole dish, stir in the tomato mixture, and then sprinkle with cheese. Bake for 30 minutes, and then enjoy.

0 comments: