12.11.2008

Holiday Flavored Yogurt

I was grocery shopping on Tuesday night, and I was in the yogurt area when I noticed something new: Lucerne's Holiday Edition yogurt in Caramel Apple, Gingerbread, and Pumpkin Pie. For you, the reader, I have sacrificed my taste buds and tasted the Gingerbread and Pumpkin Pie flavors.
When I say sacrificed, I mean that hopefully you read this and don't waste your money on them.

The Pumpkin Pie was okay. It definitely tasted like pumpkin pie, but the texture was all wrong. Besides, where was the crust and whipped cream?

But nothing could have prepared me for the Gingerbread. Usually I don't mind things that are gingerbread flavored. I love gingerbread men, and I jump for joy when Starbucks starts selling Gingerbread Lattes during the holidays. Whereas Starbucks has created a delicious beverage with artificial flavoring (and I'm not being biased because I work there), the combination of gingerbread flavoring and yogurt is all wrong.

At first I thought that eating the yogurt at 4 a.m. had something to do with it (I'm usually pretty cranky when I have to work that early) but then I realized why I threw it out after only a few spoonfuls. Yogurt is only good when it is flavored with either fruit, chocolate or vanilla. The pumpkin pie flavored one was okay, but that is because it had pumpkin listed on the ingredients, which is a vegetable, which can be lumped into the fruit/vegetable category.

Regardless, you should thank me for taking one for the team for you, the darling reader.

0 comments: